Annese completed this work as part of the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) refrigeration systems replacements project at various rinks. The project was a complete ice rink slab and building renovation including the total replacement of the mechanical room chillers, pumps, piping, electrical switchgear, chemical treatment systems, the cooling towers for the rink, and rink dehumidification system. It also included power for the new heating and cooling systems for the locker rooms, warming room, and management offices. The state-of-the-art control systems and all new energy-efficient equipment (with the capability to be monitored and controlled remotely via the internet) allows for enhanced efficiency and run times as well as considerable monthly savings on electricity used.
- New LED high bay rink lighting and integrated locker room
- Warming room and common area lighting and lighting control
- New 1200 amp 480 volt electric service and pad mount transformer
- New main distribution switchboard and branch circuit breakers supplying new chillers, pumps, cooling tower and dehumidification system and the associated VFDs
- New bi-drectional antenna (BDA) system for Saugus Fire and Public Safety
- Additions and modifications to the existing EST-4 fire alarm control system
- Installation of new refrigeration system DDC control panels